Can not browse the web when connected to the WIFI's SSID MyPlace, but OK with Fon_AP
Hello, I bought a new web pad (internet tablet) that does not browse the web when connected to my two Foneras (MyPlace), but do work when connected trough Fon_AP (using my account).
Note: since 2009 I changed the authentication from WPA to WEP (in order to make La Fonera work with Nintendo DS+Opera and Nintendo DSI).
- Are some Android devices incompatible with WEP authentication on Fonera ?
- I hope somebody has a idea, before I have to change the WEP to WPA in my Fonera.
- My Foneras : 2 X "La Fonera Wireless Router" (both with WEP enabled).
- Internet tablet : Archos 70b Internet Tablet (Archos 70b IT2). Modem number 8700B. Model (under Android parameters) : A70S2. Android OS version : v2.2.1
- Error messages : the device do connect and get a IP address, but the web browser after searching a web site pour about 10 seconds displays web page not available (original message in French "Page Web non disponible"). Then after about 2 minutes, the browser display Impossible to connect to internet, check your settings (original message in french "Impossible de se connecter à Internet. Vérifiez vos réglages.").
- The two previous internet tablets that work with those two Fonera : Archos Home Tablet v1 (Android v1.5), Archos Home Tablet v2 (Android v2.1).
- Browser identification (yes this device says it is a Mac ) : User agent string : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17