It seems there are some issues with this at the server side, updates don't always make it through, or they take hours or days sometimes.
A bug with one of the FON servers has just been fixed, so I hope this will improve matters (though the process will not be sped up by this).
I also found a bug in the 184.108.40.206 beta1 and beta2 firmwares, that prevented any configuration changes from getting through. This will be fixed for beta3.
Finally, I did a bit of digging into how this limiting actually works. If you're comfortable with using SSH, you can edit /etc/config/qos on your Fonera, search for the "hotspot" section and set "enabled" to 1 and change the "upload" and "download" values to what you want (in Kbit/s). Alternatively, run these commands:
- Code: Select all
uci set qos.hotspot.enabled=1
uci set qos.hotspot.upload=16
uci set qos.hotspot.download=512
uci commit qos
Afterwards, reboot to let the changes take effect (using the qos-stop and qos-start scripts or /etc/init.d/qos won't work, it'll break your public signal).